10 640x215mm Clear Film
This is a pack of 10 640x215mm Clear Film for making shaped plates, print and then laminate them to a pre-cut plate.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: lg143f
- Size: 640x215mm
- Quantity: 10
- Colour: Clear
- Wet Faced: No
- Match: Shaped Plates.
This is a pack of 10 640x215mm Clear Film sheets, UV stable for colour fastness they are highly durable. Each one is coated with a substrate for better toner bonding so either side can be printed on using a modified LED printer. This is the media component used for shaped plates when film printing.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of working with our clear film sheets. We also recommend you design the plate in our signs software (min 2.4.5) because it generates an alignment and trimming guideline.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Shaped Plate Design using LG Signs & Film
Our software makes shaped plates with images which include guidelines used for alignment and trimming. The designs should be printed onto a sheet of this clear film and then laminated onto a shaped plate. To design a shaped plate, start your signs software and select the 143 215x640mm plate size.
Next, use the Images tab and select a background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply pick an image which has a name that matches the plate you’re after. Then centre the image and alter the dimensions to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert the registration number and bottom line, when satisfied print out the shaped plate.
Making a Number Plate
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Place a Shaped Plate adhesive face up on the jig.
- Fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on the end nearest the rollers.
- Using the guideline, line up the Film on top, its printed side facing downwards.
- Carefully join the two components together at the exposed edge.
- Slide both parts towards the rollers, joined edge nearest.
- Take and keep hold of the folded adhesive cover.
- Slowly wind the arm so the components are fed through the roller.
- The adhesive cover should be pulled away while the roller bonds the parts together.
- Finally use a craft knife and trim the excess film from the finished number plate.
|Dimensions||640 × 215 × 5 mm|