Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face
This is a Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face, to make a number plate simply laminate it to printed 640x215mm reflective sheet.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: naw078
- Size: 560x150mm
- Quantity: 1
- Colour: Clear
- Wet Faced: Yes
- Fits: Aston Martin DBS
- Match: Yellow 640x215mm Reflective.
This Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face is 3mm thick and UV stable to resist discolouring. Wet-faced, the adhesive coating is protected by a quick release cover. This specifically shaped component is used to make shaped number plates when printing onto reflective sheets.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of working with 640x215mm reflective sheets. We also recommend you design the plate in our signs software (min 2.4.5) because it will generate an alignment and trimming guideline.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Shaped Plate Design using LG Signs & Reflective
Our software makes shaped plates with images which include guidelines used for alignment and trimming. The design should be printed onto a yellow reflective sheet and then laminated onto this shaped acrylic face. To design a shaped plate, start your signs software and select the 143 215x640mm plate size.
Next, use the Images tab and select a background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply pick an image which has a name that matches the plate you’re after. Then centre the image and alter the dimensions to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert the registration number and bottom line, when satisfied print out the shaped plate.
Making a Number Plate
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Place your Reflective printed face up on the jig, positioned flat and square.
- Remove the adhesive cover off the Shaped Acrylic Face.
- Line the acrylic up on top, with the adhesive facing towards the reflective.
- Carefully join the components together, ensuring the guideline and outer edges match.
- Slide both parts towards the rollers.
- Slowly wind the arm so the components are fed through and bonded together.
- Remove any other protective covers from the components.
- Finally use a craft knife and trim the excess reflective from the finished number plate.
|Dimensions||560 × 150 × 3 mm|