Lexus IS200 Shaped Plate
This is a Lexus IS200 Shaped Plate, to make a number plate simply laminate it to printed 640x215mm clear film.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: lg081y
- Size: 550x165mm
- Quantity: 1
- Colour: Yellow
- Wet Faced: Yes
- Fits: Lexus IS200 v1
- Match: 640x215mm Clear Film
Each Yellow Lexus IS200 Shaped Plate is 3mm thick and made from rigid, hi-impact plastic designed for maximum durability. Their reflective face is UV stable and resistant to fading from sunlight. This is a matched component for lg143 clear film when making shaped plates with film printing.
To make shaped number plates with this media you’ll need our LG Signs software (min 2.4.5) and a printer capable of working with different sized components. Our signs software is needed because it can load the background image used to create the alignment and trimming guideline. Refer to your software guide for the correct instructions used for your printing system.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Shaped Plate Design
To design a shaped plate start your signs software and select the 143 215x640mm plate size. Now go to the images tab and select the background image for the plate you want to make. The image will need to be centred and altered so its dimensions are the same size as used in the filename.
Background images for shaped plates include a guideline used for alignment and trimming when assembling. Any remaining elements, registration number, BS number and bottom line can now be inserted using the standard text or image fields and tweaked for positioning. Print the shaped plate once you’ve finished with the design.
Making a Number Plate
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Place a Shaped Plate adhesive face up on the jig.
- Fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on the end nearest the rollers.
- Using the guideline, line up the Film on top, its printed side facing downwards.
- Carefully join the two components together at the exposed edge.
- Slide both parts towards the rollers, joined edge nearest.
- Take and keep hold of the folded adhesive cover.
- Slowly wind the arm so the components are fed through the roller.
- The adhesive cover should be pulled away while the roller bonds the parts together.
- Finally use a craft knife and trim the excess film from the finished number plate.
|Dimensions||550 × 165 × 3 mm|