Range Rover Sport v3 Shaped Plate
This is a Range Rover Sport v3 Shaped Plate, to make a large number plate simply laminate it to printed 800x215mm clear film.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: lg082y
- Size: 653x185mm
- Quantity: 1
- Colour: Yellow
- Wet Faced: Yes
- Fits: Range Rover Sport v3
- Match: 800x215mm Clear Film
Each Yellow Range Rover Sport v3 Shaped Plate is 3mm thick and made from rigid, hi-impact plastic designed for maximum durability. They have shaped sides and corners and a high specification face that’s resistant to fading from sunlight. This large plate should be matched with 800x215mm Clear Film to make a shaped number plate.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of working with our clear film sheets. We also recommend you design the plate in our signs software (min 2.4.5) because it generates an alignment and trimming guideline.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Shaped Plate Design using LG Signs & Film
Our software makes shaped plates with images which include guidelines used for alignment and trimming. The designs should be printed onto 800x215mm Clear Film (ref: lg157f) and then laminated onto a reflective plate. To design a shaped plate, start your signs software and select the 157 800x215mm plate size.
Next, use the Images tab and select a background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply pick an image which has a name that matches the plate you’re after. Then centre the image and alter the dimensions to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert the registration number and bottom line, when satisfied print out the shaped plate.
Making a Shaped Plate
Make a shaped number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Place a Shaped Plate adhesive face up on the jig.
- Fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on the end nearest the rollers.
- Using the guideline, line up the Film on top, its printed side facing downwards.
- Carefully join the two components together at the exposed edge.
- Slide both parts towards the rollers, joined edge nearest.
- Take and keep hold of the folded adhesive cover.
- Slowly wind the arm so the components are fed through the roller.
- The adhesive cover should be pulled away while the roller bonds the parts together.
- Finally use a craft knife and Trim the excess film from the finished number plate.
|Dimensions||653 × 185 × 3 mm|