Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face
This Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face is used to make shaped plates, match and laminate it to a printed reflective or clear film sheet.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: naw078
- Size: 560x150mm
- Quantity: 1
- Colour: Clear
- Wet Faced: Yes
- Fits: Aston Martin DBS
- Match: Printed Reflective or Film Sheets.
This Aston Martin DBS Shaped Acrylic Face is 3mm thick and UV stable to resist discolouring. Wet-faced, its adhesive coating is protected by a quick release cover. Pre-cut to a precise shape to match specific vehicles, this component is used to make shaped plates when printing onto reflective or film sheets.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of working with our matched plate media. We also recommend you design the plate in our signs software (min 2.4.5) because it generates an alignment and trimming guideline.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Shaped Plate Design using LG Signs
Our software creates shaped plates using images which include a guideline, used to help line up media during assembly. These designs are printed onto a sheet and then laminated to a shaped acrylic face. To design a shaped plate, start your LG Signs software and select a Plate Size to match your printable component.
Next, use the Images tab and select a background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply pick a template image which has a name that matches the plate you’re after. Then Centre the image and most importantly, alter the dimensions to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert a Registration number and bottom line, when satisfied print out the design.
Making a Number Plate
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We always recommend using a jig and roller to assemble plate components for a professional finish.
- Place your Sheet printed face up, in the centre of the jig.
- Remove the adhesive cover off a Shaped Acrylic Face.
- Line the Acrylic up above the sheet, with the Adhesive side facing down.
- Carefully join the components together, using the Guideline to help match up the edges.
- Slide both parts towards the Rollers at the end of the jig.
- Slowly Wind the arm so the components are fed through and bonded together.
- Hybrid: Put a Wet Reflective sheet adhesive face up on the jig, folding back part of its cover.
- Hybrid: Position the parts joined earlier on top, with the Film facing downwards and join them together.
- Hybrid: Once again, feed the parts through the Rollers, removing the adhesive cover.
- Now remove any other protective Covers from the components.
- Finally use a craft knife and Trim any excess material from the shaped number plate.
|Dimensions||560 × 150 × 3 mm|