Yellow 660x215mm Wet Reflective
This Yellow 660x215mm Wet Reflective sheet is used to make Hybrid shaped plates, laminating it to a printed film sheet and an acrylic face.
- Additional information
- SKU/Part No: nrw052y
- Size: 660x215mm
- Quantity: 1
- Colour: Yellow
- Wet Faced: Yes
- Printable: No
- Match: Shaped Acrylic Faces and Printed Clear Film.
This Yellow 660x215mm Wet Reflective sheet has a high specification reflective face that’s UV stable and resistant to fading. They are wet-faced, which means they are coated with an adhesive which is protected by a quick release cover until use. This component is used to make hybrid shaped number plates when printing on clear film.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of working with our clear film sheets. We also recommend you design the plate in our signs software (min 2.4.5) because it generates an alignment and trimming guideline.
“Since these number plates will carry a vehicle registration mark they are subject to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001”
Hybrid Shaped Plates using LG Signs & Film Sheets
Our software makes shaped plates with images which include a guideline used for alignment and trimming. The designs are printed onto clear film and then laminated between an acrylic face and reflective sheet. To design a shaped plate, start your signs software and select the Plate Size which matches your film sheet.
Next, use the Images tab and select a background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply pick an image which has a name that matches the plate you’re after. Then Centre the image and alter the dimensions to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert the Registration number and bottom line, when satisfied print out the shaped plate.
Making a Number Plate
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Design in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Place your printed Clear Film face up, in the centre of the jig.
- Then fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on an Acrylic Face.
- Position the Acrylic above the Film using the printed Guideline, with the adhesive side facing down.
- Carefully join the two pieces together at the Exposed edge.
- Leading with the joined edge, hold the folded cover and slowly feed the parts through the roller.
- This will remove the adhesive cover and bond the first two parts together.
- Next, put a Wet Reflective sheet adhesive face up on the jig, folding back part of its cover.
- Position the parts joined earlier on top with the Film facing downwards and join them together.
- Once again, feed the parts through the rollers, removing the cover and bonding them.
- Finally use a craft knife and Trim the excess film and reflective from the shaped number plate.
|Dimensions||660 × 215 × 1 mm|