10 640x215mm Clear Film
This 640x215mm Clear Film is used to make Film or 3-Part Shaped Number Plates & comes in packs of 10 sheets.
- Additional information
- Size: 640x215mm
- Quantity: 10 Film Sheets
- Colour: Clear
- Printable: Yes
- For: Shaped Number Plates.
- Film Plates: Laminate to a Shaped ABS Plate.
- 3-Part Pates: Match with a Shaped Acrylic Face and Yellow 640x215mm Wet Reflective.
Our 640x215mm Clear Film sheets are UV stable for colour fastness and highly durable. Each one of the 10 sheets is coated for better toner bonding, so either side can be used. And film provides you with a cost-effective way to print a colour or shaped number plate.
To make a shaped plate with this component you’ll have to use a printer capable of printing onto our 640x215mm Clear Film. We also recommend you use the templates in our LG Signs software (min 2.4.5) because it generates an alignment and trimming guideline.
Printing Shaped Plates using LG Signs
LG Signs makes shaped plates using a background image, which includes a printed guideline you need for alignment. You then print the shaped number plate onto a clear film sheet. To make a Film Plate you laminate the film to a Shaped ABS Plate. Or when making 3-Part Plates, you sandwich it between an acrylic face & wet reflective.
To design a shaped plate, start your software and select the 052 Plate Size to match your 640x215mm film sheet. Next, use the Images Tab and select the background image for the shaped plate you wish to make. Simply browse and pick the one whose name matches the plate you’re after. Now Centre the image using the position controls and alter it’s Size to match those used in its Filename. Finally, insert the Registration number and your bottom line, when satisfied print out the shaped plate.
Make a number plate using our 3 step process.
1: Design 2: Print 3: Assemble
Build it in our software, then print it out and simply assemble the matched components together.
Assembly with a Jig & Roller
We recommend using a jig and roller to combine number plate components for a professional finish.
- Start by placing your Shaped ABS Plate, face up onto the jig.
- Fold back a few centimetres of the Adhesive Cover at the right end of the plate.
- Next, line up your Clear Film sheet on top, with the printed side facing downwards.
- Using the printed Guideline, position it correctly over the shaped plate.
- Carefully join the components together at the Exposed Adhesive edge.
- Now slide the two parts towards the Rollers at the end of the jig.
- Slowly Wind the arm feeding the components through, while holding the folded adhesive cover.
- This will remove the adhesive cover and Bond the two parts together.
- Finally using a craft knife, Trim away all the excess film from around the shaped plate.
- Place your Printed Clear Film face up, in the centre of the jig.
- Then fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on a Shaped Acrylic Face.
- Position the Acrylic above the Film using the printed Guideline, with the adhesive side facing down.
- Carefully join the two pieces together at the Exposed edge.
- Take hold of the Fold and slowly feed it through the rollers, joined edge first.
- This will remove the adhesive cover and bond the first two parts together.
- Next, put a Wet Reflective face up on the jig & fold back part of its adhesive cover.
- Position the parts joined earlier on top with the Film facing downwards and join them together.
- Once again, Feed it through the rollers, removing the adhesive cover.
- Now using a craft knife, Trim away all the excess film and reflective from around the shaped acrylic.
- Finally, remove the protective cover from the Acrylic Face.
|Dimensions||640 × 215 × 0.3 mm|
Clear Film, Film Plates, 3-Part Plates