10 640x215mm Clear Film
10 640x215mm Clear Film
This 640x215mm Clear Film is used to make Film or 3-Part Shaped Number Plates & comes in packs of 10 sheets.
- Additional information
This pack of 640x215mm Clear Film can be printed on to make shaped number plates. Not only is it UV stable for colour fastness and durability. But it’s also coated for better toner bonding, so either side can be printed on. In addition, it’s compatible for both Film and 3-Part Number Plates.
- Size: 640x215mm
- Quantity: 10 Film Sheets
- Colour: Clear
- Printable: Yes
- For: Shaped Number Plates.
- Film Plates: Laminate to a Shaped ABS Plate.
- 3-Part Pates: Match with a Shaped Acrylic Face and Yellow 640x215mm Wet Reflective.
To make shaped plates with our 640x215mm Clear Film, you’ll need a printer capable of taking oversized sheets. And our Signs Software, since it generates an alignment and trimming guideline for you. Once printed, you laminate it to your 3-Part or Film media and trim away any excess.
Printing Shaped Number Plates
LG Signs makes shaped plates using templates & images, which include a guideline to help with assembly.
You simply select a template in our software. Enter the registration and print it out. Then you combine your printed sheet with its matched components. To finish off, you will have to trim away any excess media. For a complete guide to printed shaped plates, try our Knowledge Base.
Combining Components & Assembly
Whenever you make a printed number plate, we recommend using a jig and roller for a professional finish.
- Start by placing your Shaped ABS Plate, face up onto the jig.
- Fold back a few centimetres of the Adhesive Cover at the right end of the plate.
- Next, line up your Clear Film sheet on top, with the printed side facing downwards.
- Using the printed Guideline, position it correctly over the shaped plate.
- Carefully join the components together at the Exposed Adhesive edge.
- Now slide the two parts towards the Rollers at the end of the jig.
- Slowly Wind the arm feeding the components through, while holding the folded adhesive cover.
- This will remove the adhesive cover and Bond the two parts together.
- Finally using a craft knife, Trim away all the excess film from around the shaped plate.
- Place your Printed Clear Film face up, in the centre of the jig.
- Then fold back a few centimetres of the adhesive cover on a Shaped Acrylic Face.
- Position the Acrylic above the Film using the printed Guideline, with the adhesive side facing down.
- Carefully join the two pieces together at the Exposed edge.
- Take hold of the Fold and slowly feed it through the rollers, joined edge first.
- This will remove the adhesive cover and bond the first two parts together.
- Next, put a Wet Reflective face up on the jig & fold back part of its adhesive cover.
- Position the parts joined earlier on top with the Film facing downwards and join them together.
- Once again, Feed it through the rollers, removing the adhesive cover.
- Now using a craft knife, Trim away all the excess film and reflective from around the shaped acrylic.
- Finally, remove the protective cover from the Acrylic Face.
|Dimensions||640 × 215 × 0.3 mm|
Clear Film, Film Plates, 3-Part Plates